Urban Putt’s long-awaited opening date is set! The amazing mini-golf space with a made-from-scratch kitchen featuring creative, playful cuisine and bar serving craft beers and cocktails will welcome players of all ages starting at 4pm on Friday, September 13th.
- What: Urban Putt Opening Day!
- Where: 1201 18th Street, Denver
- When: 4pm Friday, September 13th
“We have worked very hard to bring this idea to life,” said Urban Putt CEO and Chief Greenskeeper Steve Fox. “We think Friday the 13th is our lucky day!”
Urban Putt is a one-of-a-kind, Steampunk-inspired, technology-filled playground for the imagination featuring six unique-to-Colorado holes: downtown Denver, Denver International Airport, an amusement park inspired by Elitch Gardens and Lakeside Amusement Park, the Denver Cable Car Factory, Red Rocks Amphitheatre, and one featuring Colorado’s Gold Rush heritage.
In addition to the two, 9-hole courses, Urban Putt features a chef-driven, scratch kitchen and a bar serving local craft beers and custom tap cocktails. The Urban Putt space has been carefully and lovingly restored as the next chapter of Denver’s historic City Cable Railway Building and showcases local favorite Streetcar #54 once again proudly serving Denver as a dining car and party room.
Urban Putt is available for parties, corporate events, and fun-seekers of all ages!
Urban Putt Fast Facts:
- Urban Putt’s green fees are: 9 holes for $11 and 18 holes: $19
- Par for the course is 20 for the front nine, and 18 for the back nine, for a total of 38.
- Hours are:
- Open at 4 p.m. Monday-Friday
- Open at 11 a.m. Saturday/Sunday
- Closed at midnight Sunday-Thursday
- Closed at 1 a.m. Friday/Saturday
- Mini-golf is first come, first served. Guests under 21 are welcome to play and dine in the restaurant until 8 p.m.
- Urban Putt can host parties, special events, even weddings!
- Urban Putt Denver is the second location for the fantastical mini-golf space; the first is located in San Francisco’s Mission District.
- Urban Putt features two, 9-hole courses in the space that formerly housed the LoDo Old Spaghetti Factory. In addition to the courses, there is a scratch kitchen and bar featuring Colorado brews, craft cocktails, and local ingredients.
- Urban Putt was built by a creative team including metalworkers, electromechanical experts, 3D modelers, sound wizards, game designers/software gurus, and mural artist-in-residence John Ramirez.
- Urban Putt is filled with Easter eggs, pop culture references, and sly jokes. The experience is different each time you play!
- Urban Putt was an idea inspired by pop-up mini-golf house parties the CEO and Chief Greenskeeper Steve Fox and his wife used to throw in their San Francisco house-- they even installed PVC pipe in the walls to be able to putt from the 2nd floor to the basement!
- Urban Putt features a Steampunk theme: a style of design and fashion that combines historical elements with anachronistic technological features inspired by science fiction.
- Urban Putt Denver celebrates its new home with six Colorado-inspired holes: downtown Denver, Denver International Airport, an amusement park inspired by Elitch Gardens and Lakeside Amusement Park, the Denver Cable Car Factory, Red Rocks Amphitheater, and one based on mining and the mountains.
- Urban Putt incorporated a Denver favorite- streetcar #54- into the new design so friends and families can gather over a meal once more in the old streetcar that used to serve the streets of Denver.
- Urban Putt Denver features a long, wooden bar that originally belonged to Colorado-born Jack Dempsey, known as the “Manassa Mauler” when he was the world’s heavyweight boxing champion.
- A massive arch that used to hang on the outside of the building but fell in the ‘70s has been incorporated into the design behind Urban Putt’s bar.
- Urban Putt’s new home is the Denver City Cable Railway Building, which was built in 1889 to power and maintain the City’s fleet of cable cars.Denver architecture firm Roth Sheppard Architects and contractor Jordy Construction worked together on the renovation of the new Urban Putt space.
Here is a PDF of this press release so you can easily print it out:
Here is a Dropbox link with photos and video of the renovation process: